Sunday 3 January 2016

Bright Bamboo Quilt- Ta Da!

I managed to finish two quilts before the end of December- the children had gone back to London after the festivities and my Mum is being shared out amongst my siblings, so I had some time to myself. Bright Bamboo is the first of these finishes ( original FAL quarter 4 list here ) :

 
The blocks were made by myself and my fellow Siblings Together Bee members and aren't they fabulous! I asked for bright solids and they came up trumps.
I used some fabric I've had forever from my stash for the backing and I think it continues the bright theme beautifully.
 
 
I quilted it with randomly placed straight lines and I was very unsure about the quality of my quilting, solids show up every tiny glitch. Thankfully after washing these are not noticeable!!
 
 
 
 
I couldn't find anything I really liked in my stash for a binding ( now that is a surprise as I could open a shop with all my fabric ), so ended up using strips of the backing fabric which I think works well.
 
 
 
 
Another quilt I'll be sad to part with as it's so bright and cheerful in this rainy gloom.
 
 
 
Quilt Stats
Size: 57 x72 inches ( it shrank more widthways with the dense quilting)
Blocks made by Siblings Together quilt bee using this tutorial : http://areformedheathn.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/tipsy-tutorials-random-bamboo.html#.Voj7XF7nkcB
Backing and binding : Groove by Caleb Grey Studio for Robert Kaufman
Wadding donated to Leeds MQG and sent to me by Hannah ( @hannahlib on IG)
Quilted using Aurifil 50/2 2000 on top and Wonderfil 80 in pale yellow in bobbin
 

 
This is my first finish for FAL quarter 4 and I will be linking up with Adrianne.
 




 
2015 FAL at On the Windy Side

3 comments:

  1. This is so good Carol, a great idea for a ST quilt, so many different fabrics in there, it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a wonderful quilt and will make a bairn very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these blocks and it is a design I had on my list to make. It looks great - thanks for making it and for joining the #siblingstogether link up!

    ReplyDelete