The only fabric I had enough of was this Cotton and Steel fabric that originally I was going to use for a Place for everything bag. I still want to make one of these, so I'll have to order some more fabric.
This was the first time I'd inserted this type of zip for the concealed pocket. I found it reasonably straight forward, though tricky to roll the edge inside with the thickness of the Bosal ( some trimming was required). I decided to omit the front pocket as I'd never use it.
It was also the first time I'd put a top zipper in like this with zipper tapes. Again, it was reasonably straight forward.
The most difficult parts of the construction were inserting the gussets and attaching the binding round the curves. Somehow I managed it, but it was tricky.
It's a very roomy bag and I'm pleased with it. If I make another one, I'll use a thicker/stiffer interlining in the gusset and also make the handles into shoulder straps. I much prefer to carry bags on my shoulder rather than with handles. I may even change the handles on this one if I can be bothered.
This is my first finish of FAL Q4 ( original list here )