Saturday 18 February 2017

Retreat Bags

Another quick post to show a couple of retreat bags that I have made. They are also no 1 on my FAL Q1 list ( original post here )
The pattern is a free pattern by Emmaline bags and is a very easy make but gives a fantastic finished result.
I made a trial bag first, of the smaller version of the pattern,  and here is the result:


As you can see, it's a little floppy ( no sniggering at the back please!)


And the inside:


I used a fusible fleece but wanted a more structured look, so I've kept this one for myself and made another one for my swap parner ( @sewbusylizzie). This time I used double fusible bosal and it gives ( imho) a better look.


As you can see, there is a difference in the finished look.

And the inside of this one:


I've nearly exhausted my supply of this Tula Pink's Elizabeth fabric, but I think I'll have to buy some more, so I can make myself the larger version.

I'll be linking up eventually to FAL


Charm About You

1 comment:

  1. Did you get the wire supports for these? Or have you made them soft? They look really lovely!

    ReplyDelete