Tuesday 20 December 2016

X marks the impro quilt

This is another bee quilt specifically  destined for  the Siblings Together charity. I received 15 blocks in all and made another equivalent of 6 x12 inch blocks to finish it off.  It has turned out beautifully and was a relatively easy make. It also featured as no 10 in my FALQ4 list ( here)


As I had 3 more blocks than needed for the front, I was able to use a fabulous Zen Chic fabric (that I'd had in my stash awaiting a suitable project) for the back. The extra blocks meant I  just able to stretch the fabric to the right size.


I quilted it with straight lines in different directions on each block but has given it a lovely texture.






Quilt Stats
X marks the Improv block by Debbie of A Quilters Table (tutorial here)
Quilt size :58 x 70 inches
Blocks made by Siblings Together Quilt Bee
Back: Blocks by STQB and Figures in blue by Zen Chic for Moda
Wadding: 100% cotton from roll
Binding : Kona Navy
Quilted using Glide in Magic Mint on top and Wonderfil decobob in mint in bobbin

Linking with FALQ4 at the end of this quarter.


2 comments:

  1. I love this Carol, you did a superb job with our blocks, and the quilting looks amazing - well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic quilt and I am sure it will be loved for Siblings Together too. Thank you for participating in the FAL, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts.

    ReplyDelete