Monday 29 September 2014

Bright Scrappy QATW

Just a quick post to show my first finish for FAL quarter 3. I actually finished this quilt sometime ago but being a complete numpty I had taken photos ( which I hadn't uploaded to dropbox) and then promptly dropped my phone down the loo ( don't ask- it was in the back pocket of my jeans). Anyway, we visited  Madlen in London this weekend and I managed  to take some more photos.
 In the end she chose this one, which was the quilt I had made for her, rather than the blue/pink one I have shown earlier. So here it is:

 
 
She wanted something bright, so I think this fits the bill.
 


 
I backed it with extra wide  lime green with white spot fabric to continue with the bright feel.

 
 
Quilt Stats:
 
The quilt measures 6ft x7ft
 
Front made with strips from my stash
 Back: Extra wide lime spot ( can't remember who this is by)
Binding: Kona Valentine
 
Quilted in my usual wavy lines using So Fine.
 
 

 



Finish Along 2014

3 comments:

  1. Love this. The bright colours are so gorgeous. This quilt feels antique but looks incredibly modern . Great finish Carol.

    Im looking away now- I've seen these scrappy trips all over blogland and I love them so - but I don't need another quilt on my wish list .....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely, definitely fits the bright bill!
    I have been very close to the same phone problem - but I still put it in my back pocket which is, I guess, pretty daft. Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Shay! It certainly cheers her room up, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete