This was inspired by this quilt . Our numbers in this bee have been sadly depleted (thankfully growing again now) but some of the lovely ladies made me two blocks so I could finish the quilt reasonably quickly. I was originally going to make the quilt with 12 blocks in a 4 x3 arrangement but then realised that once I'd added the border, the quilt would be quite large. So I changed to a 3 x3 block arrangement, with the added bonus that I would have enough blocks left to make another , slightly smaller quilt.
I'm really pleased with how it has turned out, and it's very pretty!
I made the back with a Lotta Jansdotter fabric that was on sale at Pink Castle Fabrics.
The binding is Kona Pomegranate
I debated whether to go to town with the quilting (trying to practise my graffiti quilting) but quite honestly couldn't be bothered. Instead I tried out a, new to me, all over easy flower design. I'm sure there are groovy boards or pantograms with this design, but I did it all freehand. It means the quilt is quite lightly quilted, which gives the quilt a lovely soft feel.
Front made with recession blocks made by Together circle of do.good stitches
Back: Follie in blue by Lotta Jansdotter
Wadding: 100% cotton by Fabric Freedom from roll
Binding: Kona Pomegranate
Quilted with Prescencia white ( 60/3) on top and So fine in white in bobbin
Size : 70 x 68 inches ( it's shrunk more in one direction than another!)
This is my 8th quilt for Siblings Together and I must admit I'm running out of steam, though the camps aren't until August, so I may get some more made, who knows!!
Linking with Adrianne