Wednesday 5 August 2015

Second Recession Quilt-TA Da!

This is my first finish of the third quarter of FAL with Adrianne ( list here ) It is another charity quilt,  made by the Together circle of do.good stitches. I had 4 blocks left over from the original Recession Quilt and decided to make another similar quilt.

 
Svea had made me a green block whereas the others were all pink. I think I managed to incorporate it successfully into this quilt. For the back I used a piece of Dear Stella camping fabric with a scrap piece of green with white dots, left over from another quilt.

 
 
I quilted it again with flowers like the last one but adding a few daisies ( and one butterfly) this time.
 
 
 
 
I used Kona Pomegranate and Chartreuse for the binding, to pick up the colours in the quilt.
 

 
 
I have already posted it to Siblings Together ( though not heard yet that it has been received) along with 15 other quilts ( 7 of which were donated by members of my LQG).
 
 
Quilt Stats
 
Quilt size: 60 inches square
 
Blocks made by Together Circle of do.good stitches and my scraps for the borders
 
Back: Dear Stella camping fabric and scrap of green with white dots ( can't remember who this is by)
 
Binding: Kona Pomegranate and Kona Chartreuse
 
Wadding: 100% cotton by Fabric Freedom from roll
 
Quilted with Prescencia 60/3 in white on top. So Fine 401 ( white ) in bobbin
 
Linking with Adrianne
 



2015 FAL at On the Windy Side
 
And Scraptastic Tuesday
 
 
 

Scraptastic Tuesday

4 comments:

  1. It's wonderful!!

    P.S. I haven't spotted a photo of it on ST's Twitter timeline but I'll keep an eye out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! It looks lovely but then I do like a bit of green! And thank you for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just catching up on reading blogs! I think I do prefer your stronger coloured recession quilt, but this is very pretty too and I quite like the green :)

    ReplyDelete